Who are UK Power Networks?
UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England making sure your lights stay on. You don’t pay your electricity bills to UK Power Networks. Your electricity supplier is the company you choose to buy your electricity from, and who you pay your bills to.
Sign up FREE for extra support during a power cut
Need extra support during a power cut or know someone else (maybe a relative, neighbour, patient, or friend) that would need extra support during a power cut? You may be entitled to free extra support from UK Power Networks.
Who can sign up?
You need to live in London, the South East of England or the East of England. You can check whether you live in an area where we own and maintain the electricity cables by visiting our website at www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk
If you live in UK Power Networks area then thefollowing can apply:
• Customers who are dependent on medical equipment
• Customers who are chronically sick
• Customers with a disability
• Customers who are blind or visually impaired
• Customers with young babies
• Elderly customers
• A nursing or residential home
• Other cases will be considered too so please get in touch
What support can you get?
Signing up doesn’t necessarily mean we can get your power back on more quickly but you will receive:
• A priority phone number that you can call 24hours a day if you have a power cut
• A welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
• Regular text message or phone updates during a power cut
• Extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your home (if you agree)
How to apply
• Call 0800 31 63 105 or 0333 32 32 105 from a mobile
• Download an application form to print off or sign up online by visitingwww.ukpowernetworks.co.uk
• Write to Priority Services Coordinator, UK Power Networks, Fore Hamlet, Ipswich, IP3 8AA