Tel: 01245 225111. Email:


Reporting Potholes and other Highways Issues

Essex County Council is the responsible authority for many highways issues including:

·        Potholes

·        Street Lighting

·        Road Signs

·        Verges

·        Drainage

·        Public Rights of Way (footpaths)

·        Overgrown vegetation


Residents are able to report any problems directly to Essex County Council by visiting their website (link below)  to give details of the issue.  There is also a map showing which problems have already been reported. 


Any emergencies or follow up calls should be reported by telephone on 0345 603 7631.