Parish Church of St John Baptist

Historic Anglican church on Danbury hill, offering a mixture of traditional liturgy and family worship, with a strong musical tradition.


St John's is a Grade 1 Listed Building with much of interest for the visitor. The oldest part, the north aisle, dates from around 1290, but there was probably a church on the site much earlier. The present building was renovated in 1866 by the architect Gilbert Scott. More information is available in the church, and also on the church website.

Address

  • 55 Main Road
  • Danbury
  • Essex
  • CM3 4NG

Contact

  • 01245 223140